Inspection Process by the Customs Authority (SAT)
For the initiation of this process, it is understood that the vehicle with the goods had been
previously presented in the automated selection module.
a) Fee Customs Clearance (Green Traffic Light)
It is the result of the automated selection process which allows to clear merchandise without a review, that is to say, once the carrier submits the pedimento to the modules and the pedimento has been scanned and a “free clearance” has been obtained, the carrier may go to the exit module of Customs to continue on to its final destination.
b) Customs Review (Red Traffic Light)
Once the trucker submits the pedimento in the automated selection modules, the pedimento has been scanned and the “customs review” is over, he will have to go to the designated platform and pull over in one of the lanes to begin with the Customs Review by the official allocated by the Integral Automated Customs System (SAAI) by SAT.
1. The verifier will visualize and get the Customs Document Number subject to Customs Review by the Review System (SIREM).
2. The verifier runs a search of the Customs Document in the remote consultation
3. The verifier reviews the Customs Document, matching the information of the Customs review therein contained.
4. The verifier physically inspects the goods.
5. The verifier identifies if it is difficult to identify goods, if this is the case, he continues with the process, otherwise he will move to number 6.
5.1. The verifier requests support from the Sampling Support Area (UTAM).
5.2. The sampling process for goods at Customs begins.
6. If the verifier detects any irregularity during the Customs Review, if it is the case, he continues with the process. Otherwise he will move to item 7.
6.1. The verifier informs his or her direct boss about the detected irregularity.
6.2. The verifier records in the SIREM System the incident detected.
6.3. If the verifier frames the incidence as a simple one, he/she continues with theprocess, otherwise he/she moves to item 6.4.
6.3.1. The verifier fills out a Record of Circumstances.
6.3.2. He initiates the simple incident settling process in Customs Review.
6.4 The verifier frames the detected incidence as a serious incidence.
6.5 The verifier fills out a Record of Circumstances indicating the facts and retention of goods, and submits the documentation to the Legal Department.
6.6 The subprocess continues in the Legal Department.
7. The verifier decides if he asks for Gamma Rays help. If so, he continues with the process, otherwise he moves to number 8.
7.1. The verifier delivers a copy of the Customs Document to the driver.
7.2. The verifier tells the driver to go to the Gamma Rays module to have the goods scanned.
7.3. The Gamma Rays operator scans the vehicle sent by the verifier from the importation platform.
7.4. The Gamma Rays operator gets the image and notifies the verifier to review the image.
7.5. The verifier based on the image scanned by the Gamma Rays operator and his own review, determines if there is any irregularity and continues with the process. If no irregularities are found, he continues with the process moving to number 9.
7.5.1. The verifier physically inspects the goods, trying to identify the irregularity observed in the image, and continues with the process moving to item 6.1.
8. The verifier decides if he requests support from the Non-Intrusive Inspection (RNI). If this is the case, he continues with the process, otherwise he moves to item 9.
8.1. He starts the X Rays review (RNI) for the importation at the border Customs point.
9. The verifier carries out the certification and releases the Customs Document and vehicle.
10. The exit module operation process in the bonded warehouse at the border Customs site starts.